Re: getting wireless and dvi out (clone mode) to work on iBook G4 - help needed, plz

On Thu, Nov 22 2007, at 09:24 -0600, Javier Ramirez wrote:
> You can check this site.
>
> It helped me a lot.
>
> http://ozlabs.org/~jk/docs/mergefb/

Thanks for this - but IINM this should be dated now: I just realized
that hotplugging monitors is possible now with xorg 7.3:

http://budlite.blogspot.com/2007/09/hotplugging-secondary-display-on-linux.html

Perhaps on Debian we need packages from experimental for this to work
- I don't know.

What I know is, that with xrandr 1.2 hotplugging a 2nd monitor to a
5.8 alubook doesn't do anything at all. Not out of the box, and not
here on unstable Debian with packages from a few days ago and kernel
2.6.18 ...

Whatever.

I'll have a look into this tomorrow ..

Thanks again

Best Regards
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

Key: 0xE3037113
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on