Re: open firmware and my etch boot

Le lundi 18 juin 2007 à 09:33 -0400, ebenoit a écrit :
> does yabootconfig have to reside on sda1?

I don't think so... It has to be somewhere it can be executed...
But in order to do a good job it need to have an apple bootstrap
partition. Here is my partition table on my dual G4 mac :

/dev/hda
        #                    type name                  length   base
( size )  system
/dev/hda1     Apple_partition_map Apple                     63 @
1         ( 31.5k)  Partition map
/dev/hda2          Apple_Driver43 Macintosh                 56 @ 64
( 28.0k)  Driver 4.3
/dev/hda3          Apple_Driver43 Macintosh                 56 @ 120
( 28.0k)  Driver 4.3
/dev/hda4        Apple_Driver_ATA Macintosh                 56 @ 176
( 28.0k)  Unknown
/dev/hda5        Apple_Driver_ATA Macintosh                 56 @ 232
( 28.0k)  Unknown
/dev/hda6          Apple_FWDriver Macintosh                512 @ 288
(256.0k)  Unknown
/dev/hda7      Apple_Driver_IOKit Macintosh                512 @ 800
(256.0k)  Unknown
/dev/hda8           Apple_Patches Patch Partition          512 @ 1312
(256.0k)  Unknown
/dev/hda9         Apple_Bootstrap bootstrap               1600 @ 1824
(800.0k)  NewWorld bootblock
/dev/hda10        Apple_UNIX_SVR2 Swap                 5242880 @ 3424
(  2.5G)  Linux swap
/dev/hda11        Apple_UNIX_SVR2 racine              20971520 @ 5246304
( 10.0G)  Linux native
/dev/hda12        Apple_UNIX_SVR2 home                20971520 @
26217824  ( 10.0G)  Linux native
/dev/hda13        Apple_UNIX_SVR2 cvs                 31457280 @
47189344  ( 15.0G)  Linux native
/dev/hda14        Apple_UNIX_SVR2 nfs                 50734400 @
78646624  ( 24.2G)  Linux native
/dev/hda15              Apple_HFS Sans titre 2        31455448 @
129381024 ( 15.0G)  HFS
/dev/hda16             Apple_Free Extra                      8 @
160836472 (  4.0k)  Free space

The partition number 9 is that apple bootstrap partition which size is
about 800 KB

Can you send me your partition table with an accurate output like mine ?