Re: open firmware and my etch boot

> Ok, back to square one:
> I command, option, P, R the prom
> then did an install wiping out the old partions
> my partitions are labled as follows
> Part. 1 is called Apple it is a newworld partition
> Part. 2 is called Untitled it is a newworld partion
> Part. 3 is called Untitled it is / ext3
> Part. 4 is called Swap it is swap
>
> After I installed I followed the same directives:
> I went into yaboot.conf and changed the device to hd:

Did you do a ybin commad after editing the yaboot.conf file ? Sorry to
forgot to mention this before...

During the install did you use the automatic partition tool or you have
done it manually ? It can be of interrest to give a try to an automatic
partitionning with a /home on another partition (I prefer to have a
separate home :) )

For the openfirmware stuff, sorry but I don't know a lot.

xavier