Re: miboot-floppies (powerpc oldworld) for sarge

Holger Levsen wrote:
I think I have the needed wiki-skilz and created a table on http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/PowerPC/OldWorld - but I haven't included real data yet... (also the table columns need to be improved...)

It's Christmas ;-) .. Happy Holidays

I've just successfully tested the --boot d-i set of files-- @ http://people.debian.org/~wouter/d-i/powerpc/20061224-03:00/powerpc/cdrom/

method: BootX under MacOS9, video=ofonly
machine: Beige G3 desktop model, openfirmware version 2.4

I tried lot's of floppy images floating around lately but must have missed the ones that work ;-) Unfortunately ~wouter seems to have given up on the floppy building part (assumption made on the fact that there is netboot, cdrom, mini-iso, etc. but no floppy images). Anyway, I wish you guys all the luck in getting floppy disks to work again. I know that the platform is probably obsolete, but I think old macs still have a lot of fans around.. And since apple didn't care much about the quality of their OF implementations up to 3.0, floppies are sometimes the only method to bring debian/linux to the box (if you can't get the crappy OFs to netboot, don't want to open case and swap harddrives around or don't have macos9 to use BootX)

best regards,
Christian