Re: miboot-floppies (powerpc oldworld) for sarge

Christian Müller wrote:
I've just successfully tested the --boot d-i set of files-- @ http://people.debian.org/~wouter/d-i/powerpc/20061224-03:00/powerpc/cdrom/

method: BootX under MacOS9, video=ofonly
machine: Beige G3 desktop model, openfirmware version 2.4

Sorry for the split post..

It's working way better without video=ofonly (faster and I actually get the right ascii-colors without the of framebuffer), even though I do not use the onboard video card, but a radeon 7000 in one of the pci slots. I currently have the pci-probe-list variable in OF set to 0xfffbffff as to skip onboard video detection and have set the output-device variable to the proper value with Xpostfacto under macos9. I don't know if the kernel will find the "right" (the one I use ;-) video device with a virgin OF (the one you have after zapping pram with alt+apple+p+r at boot time) - or if you can tell it (via boot option) which video device to use - which you would need if it doesn't work for you without these OF-setup steps..

regards,
Christian