Re: iMac G5 Bugs and new wiki

Hi Michael,

Thanks for all your help! But now I am a little confused: to get a brighter screen, is the issue with the "drivers/video/nvidia/nv_backlight.c" property, or with the "bl_curve" property? If its the former, then is it safe to play with the value or is this best left to you guys?

Regarding turning the backlight off completely:

You can already turn off the backlight with "fblevel 0". Real monitor
sleep is a different thing which I don't know about.

Yes, I had been playing with this. Unfortunately, I get this error:

torrance@rebel:~$ sudo fblevel 0
/dev/pmu: No such file or directory

When I manually create the folder and run the command again I get this error:

torrance@rebel:/dev$ sudo fblevel 0
ioctl PMU_IOC_SET_BACKLIGHT: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Needless to say, that means absolutely nothing to me.

Thanks again,
Torrance