Re: if you care about debian on powerpc, please react ...

On Wednesday 22 November 2006 21:49, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 08:34:54PM +0100, Jan Stedehouder wrote:
> > Hi to all,
> >
> > I am only a casual user of Debian on the PPC and hardly in a position to
> > judge, to opinionate or to choose. It is easy to choose for the first
> > one that speaks, but as my mother used to say: "when two are fighting,
> > two are to blame".  Maybe my mother had the kind of simple wisdom that
> > all involved in this conflict could begin with.
> >
> > Conflicts of this kind in volunteer driven projects are not uncommon and
> > this one will most likely not be the last. They stem from the same
> > desire and urge to deliver the best result possible, which is great. But
> > when there is no agreement the discussion can be a heated one and in the
> > end harm the project in which all parties have an emotional stake. This
> > project is no different.
> >
> > Simply put, if a conflict can not be resolved peacefully, if no
> > substantiated blame is available and if all involved threaten the future
> > perspective of Debian PPC, then I see only one solution for the
> > community: to remove both parties from the project. It might be painfull
> > in the short run, but highly beneficial in the long run.
> >
> > I wish you all a lot of wisdom
>
> Well, the problem is that the current situation is unbalanced where one of
> the party has all the power, and is also judge over the behaviour of the
> other party, and on top of that doesn't seem, even after over 6 months, to
> be able to leave the issue aside and work together for the greater good,
> then maybe your above analysis doesn't apply to the situation.
>
> And if one party is trying to ammend, and makes every effort to work
> together again, but get replyed "FUCK YOU", well, i think it is highly
> unfair to say that both are to blame, don't you think ?

seems a bit harsh, and pretty stupid. someone feels a bit intimidated?
myself; I've gotten both a few pointers from you (through this mailing list)
and off. I've gotten some very useful information just listening in on yer
discussions. So I know you can do yer stuff there Sven. I and many others
here appreciate yer work so far... =)

--
---
Børge