Re: Installing Etch without re-installing Tiger.

Yes. You can install Debian on a second disk or a partition on the same
disk behind the OS X partition.

The parted in Etch installation CD should work well with shrinking the
hfs+ parition of OS X.  Remember to disable journaling of the hfs+ file
sytem before shrinking.

I made several Debian Etch ppc installations by shrinking the OS X
partition on some G4 and G5 machines. The latest mol supports booting
Tiger in Etch, which gives me the opportunity to run both OS without
dual booting. Actually I have used mol on G4 to run several OS X
instances on one server so that developers can test their stuffs in a
virtual server environmnet.

I have not tested the latest mol on G5 yet. If anybody knows the recent
status of mol on G5, please let me know. Also I am interested in smart
mol usage in real life environment, but so far have not find a forum or
wiki to discuss that yet.

Jin