Re: Installing Etch without re-installing Tiger.

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 07:20:07 +0100, Charles Plessy wrote:

> Can I just resize the hfs+ partition on my drive, and install Etch
> whereever partman left me some free space ?

To resize an hfs+ partition you have to disable the journaling. You can do
that by booting the OSX install cd/DVD, entering the disk tool, disabling
the journal. After your installation, you can reenable the journal in the
very same way.

Goes without saying: BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA!

Best Regards, Jack
Linux User #264449