Installing Etch without re-installing Tiger.

Hi all,

There are some howtos around, saying that debian must be installed on a
partition which is located before osX. I am wondering if it still true,
because this roughly means that osX has to be re-installed, and I have
no time to do this (going in a separate office to get many boxes and
software keys, installing proprietary software from CDs, downloading the
updates on the net, rebooting, ...)

On the other hands, I read some recent discussions in Ubuntu forums
which talk about resizing and dual-booting. This sounds more doable.

Can I just resize the hfs+ partition on my drive, and install Etch
whereever partman left me some free space ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org