Re: call for testers: powerpc graphical debian installer

Diego Biurrun wrote:
On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 09:05:23PM +0300, Eddy Petri??or wrote:

Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:

BTW, no-hardware should be always present, the four cases should be

1)no-hardware only
2)no-hardware + disable-module=linux_input
3)no-hardware + disable-module=<chipset specific module, e.g. : radeon,
nvidia..>
4)no-hardware + disable-module=linux_input + disable-module=<chipset
specific video driver>

Hmm, I guess you are right, we decided to put no-hardware by default on
powerpc.

Diego, could you test with the revised test set? Sorry for the
misunderstanding.

Yes, I can.  Results:

1) no-hardware only:

black monitor, system hangs

2) no-hardware + disable-module=linux_input

black monitor, system hangs

3) no-hardware + disable-module=nvidia

Crash in dfb_core_deinit_check(), I'm returned to the console.

4) no-hardware + disable-module=linux_input + disable-module=nvidia

Crash in dfb_core_deinit_check(), I'm returned to the console.

Diego

AFAIK no one has succeded yet in running the g-i on a PPC box equipped with a NVIDIA based card. Diego, an useful test would be installing packages for directfb , cairodfb and gtkdfb and related -dev packages from debian unstable repository on your regular debian system and playing around with the gtk-demo application. This could tell you if GTKDFB on PPC is broken on nvidia cards in the g-i only or in a regular debian system too.

cheers

Attilio