Re: xkb-data with support for Mac keyboards into unstable

Hello Jörg,
On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 09:25:44AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> You're missing the point. The macintosh layouts should match what's
> physically engraved on the keys of an Apple keyboard as much as
> possible. Same for the pc layouts vs. PC keyboards. You should
> appreciate the possibility of choosing between these instead of trying
> to impose one onto the other.

Exactly my point. Except, there is almost nothing engraved for the
third level. I only see the Euro sign (Apple-E) and the At-Sign
(Apple-L). So there is *no* preference hardware wise. I don't think
there should be any on the software side. Since obviously a choice has
to be made, the switching should be clearly spelled out in the
documentation.

Greetings

           Helge
--