Re: xkb-data with support for Mac keyboards into unstable

Hallo Helge,

Helge Kreutzmann <kreutzm@itp.uni-hannover.de> wrote:
> So the following still needs to be done for a german ibook keyboard:
>
> 1. When pressing the key between ß? and backspace, I still get
>    nothing, while I expect ' as printed on the key. With the shift
>    modifier it works. This is keycode 21.

It's a dead key. Press a 'e' after it and you get é. The ' is definitive
the wrong character!

> 2. The AltGr-Bracket sequence is still "wrong", i.e. I would like the
>    PC style version,

Then configure a PC style keyboard. Use pc105 instead of macintosh.

>    i.e. (starting at AltGR-7) {[]}\ while I get (starting at AltGr-5)
>    []|{}}\. This behaviour should be switchable. Also I still wonder
>    why "}" is on AltGr-9 *and* AltGr-0.
>
> 3. AltGr-Q still produces "«" and not "@"

It's a Apple keyboard. Don't use it, if you don't like it.

Bye, Jörg.
--
The UNIX Guru's View of Sex:
# unzip ; strip ; touch ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep