Re: xkb-data with support for Mac keyboards into unstable

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 10:46:49PM +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
[...]
> > Which problems do you have, when you load the pc105 layout? Aren't it work?
>
> Exactly. Currently I've loaded xkb-data 0.8-14, and with that version
> as with the previous one I basically can use only 2 models:
> "powerbook" or "pc105": pc105 seems broken. With 'powerbook' at least
> I find the keys I need.
>
> On a PowerBook5,8:
>
> setxkbmap -option -rules xorg -model pc105 -layout de -variant nodeadkeys -option apple:badmap  -print | xkbcomp - :0
>
> With this last one-liner I have neither an 'at' sign, nor AltGr, no
> Mode_switch, no ISO_Level3_Shift. (Tho I' did not explore the
> <Alt_L>-<1-9> keys, as I have shortcuts mapped for them for KDE)
>
> Leaving away the "nodeadkeys" variant also does not help.
>
> With the pc105 setting:
>
> $ setxkbmap -print
> xkb_keymap {
>         xkb_keycodes  { include "macintosh+aliases(qwertz)"     };
>         xkb_types     { include "complete+numpad(mac)"  };
>         xkb_compat    { include "complete"      };
>         xkb_symbols   { include "pc+macintosh_vndr/de(nodeadkeys)+inet(apple)+level3(lwin_switch)"      };
>         xkb_geometry  { include "macintosh(macintosh)"  };
> };

I do not know exactly what "setxkbmap -print" displays.  Anyway your
command line above misses an option to have ISO_Level3_Shift, since it
is Right Alt by default.  Try with
  -option lv3:lwin_switch
for instance.
The nodeadkeys variant works as expected here.

Denis