Re: imac g3 installation problem

In data 29/05/2006 17:42 Daniel Gimpelevich ha scritto:

The CD drive may or may not come back to life
after applying this update from within MacOS (you must reboot after
applying the update, or the drive will not function at all):

Damn, i think my isp doesn't want the imac to go internet. Dns are not
resolved, and typing 17.112.144.81 that should be the
docs.info.apple.com ip doesn't work ( google instead, 66.249.85.99 ,
works ).

I have also inserted the ip of some working dns in the internet
configuration tool but nothing seem to work. I guess the only way to
perform these upgrades is from mac os, not from linux, right?

I can anyway reopen the imac ( a thing that i really don't like to do
again ), put its hd into my x86 and copying the files ( hfs write seems
to be supported ), then remount the hd and try to install the updates.

In the meantime, you can still install Linux, but you must
use a netboot netinstaller
In setting up your netboot environment, you must take
into account that the tray-loading iMacs use BootP and not DHCP.

To finish the "no luck" series, my x86 doesn't seem to like the new pci
ethernet card... One hd stops after a while :( , and i don't know what
is the problem ( powersupply too weak? ).

Bye,
--
Giulio Canevari