Re: imac g3 installation problem

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 05:38:22AM -0700, Daniel Gimpelevich wrote:
> On Tue, 30 May 2006 23:51:10 +0200, Hans Ekbrand wrote:
>
> > I haven't used yaboot myself though (I only have oldworld machines),
> > and I'm not sure if it does require a repartition to work (which might
> > be impossible if MacOS cannot be booted from CD). BootX runs as a
> > normal application, but I don't know if yaboot works that way.
>
> As explained in the link you gave, yaboot may be used without
> repartitioning. However, repartitioning is still necessary in order to
> install Linux, which can make the machine non-bootable except by netboot
> means.

If that is what concerns you, then try (within debian-installer) to
resize (shrink) the MacOS partition in a non-destructive way. You said
you have 4 GB, that should be enough for both OSes (at least if MacOS
is kept minimal, I think 8.1 only requires less than 200 Mb).

Adding a another HD is another possibilty, if you're unsure about
repartitioning.

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>
Q. What is that strange attachment in this mail?