Re: DRI probably broken: where to reportbug

On Sat, 2006-05-27 at 01:38 +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:

> On an updated unstable Debian, PB5,8, X only starts now with
>  Load    "dri"
> disabled in xorg.conf. What's the Debian package that is responsible
> for the broken (?) dri driver: libgl1-mesa-dri? I've Version 6.4.1-0.4
> installed.

libgl1-mesa-dri is only involved when you run an OpenGL app. The culprit
here is most likely xserver-xorg-video-ati, but it's a known problem
anyway. It should work with radeon DRM 1.23 or newer. The only way to
'fix' it will be to disable the DRI with an older DRM anyway, so this is
basically a case of 'don't do that' for now.

> If I don't disable dri on that machine it can damage the system:
> After one crash that happened an hour ago when I tried to start KDM,
> time on reboot was reset to something like Jan 1, 2004, IIRC.

I think you mean 1904. The PMU resets the clock to that on unclean
poweroff. This doesn't 'damage the system'.