Re: The powerpc port should be removed from etch release candidates ...

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 04:02:17PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:
>
> > I am not willing to send in patches now. I was kicked out of d-i a month ago.
>
> Gotcha.  I don't understand why, however.  I lack write access to all
> kinds of things, but I still send in patches.  It sounds like you care
> about powerpc support, so I find it hard to understand why you won't
> send in patches.

I have seen Frans claim various times about patches and changes i was
proposing that it will never be applied anyway because i proposed it, and he
didn't thrust me. Do you really thing that in the light of this me sending in
patches just to have them rote in the BTS is valable ?

world+dog has svn access to the d-i repo, why then did they remove me from it
?

> > I don't even care of what they want or do, i just want to be able to fix
> > things.
>
> So send in patches; how does whatever they are doing to you prevent
> you from fixing things?  (Or is it that you want to have write
> access?)

No, i want them stopping to hurt me on every occasion that arises.

> I've seen you treat people pretty badly in the past, so I guess that I
> tend to discount the seriousness of your complaint when you say that
> they treat you as a "subhuman"; but that's neither here nor there.

Now, i have the serious feeling of being threated as such in this case. I am
just there to slave and send in patches, but to be slapped and put into place
if i don't agree with the powers that be.

> I'm not so much asking *why* you don't want to submit patches, as much
> as confirming that you don't want to.  Why you don't want to is your
> business, it doesn't really matter what the reason is.

Whatever.

> The question is, if you aren't willing to help now (for whatever
> reason) what is the right response from the rest of the project.  It
> seems to me that if you don't want to help anymore, that's sad, and we
> should work to find someone else who will.

Indeed, and when Frans searched for others to help a month ago, i provided a
helpful list of all the issues i was aware of, and wished them luck.

> If that fails, and there is insufficient support for the port then,
> when the time comes, it should be dropped.  But we don't need to drop
> it now just because you think it won't meet the target later.

We need to drop it as 'release candidate', not decide it can never be
released, in order to create an electrochoc, and either get new blood in
willing to do the work, or stop cutting our right arm and leaving it bleeding
on the road side.

Friendly,

Sven Luther