Re: The powerpc port should be removed from etch release candidates ...

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> It should be removed from the actual etch release candidate until the
> situation improves. The etch release candidate guidelines include a working
> and well supported d-i port, and this criteria is not fullfilled, so powerpc
> should be dropped from potential etch release until it is solved.

Surely "working d-i port" doesn't mean that we should drop release
candidates every time a bug appears.

Whether it's well-supported depends on the willingness of people to
help support it.  It sounds as if you are not willing to help, which
is sad, but is hardly grounds for declaring that nobody will do the
work.

I'm sorry, but I just don't think you're that essential.

Thomas