Re: The powerpc port should be removed from etch release candidates ...

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 02:33:51PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:
>
> > The debian installer netinst and businesscard images are now broken
> > since almost a month, and since the d-i team kicked me out as
> > powerpc maintainer, and removed my d-i commit rights, there is no
> > way for me to help fix this, and this clearly demostrates that the
> > d-i powerpc port is not maintained anymore.
>
> I don't understand how kicking you out demonstrates that the port
> isn't maintained.

Well, who is working on the powerpc d-i port ? Only Colin Watson, but his
duties in ubuntu don't leave him enough time to do the work properly, and it
was always me in the past who ended up doing the work nobody else cared about.

Since they remove me, and given the difficulties the d-i project has to find
porters, i don't think they will be able to solve this issue in a timely
fashion for the etch release.

Actually, you can consider the fact of the rather abandonement of the d-i
project, and of joeyh regularly blaming the lazyness of the porters, as a sign
that something is really roten in d-i even without the issues about me.

Appart from the translators, naturally, but who is there really left doing
real d-i job in the last year, hardly a handful of persons or so.

Friendly,

Sven Luther