Re: The powerpc port should be removed from etch release candidates ...

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 03:17:26PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 01:34:00PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 01:39:27PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > The debian installer netinst and businesscard images are now broken since
> > > almost a month,
> >
> > FYI I expect to be able to get this issue sorted out today/tomorrow. I
> > was somewhat behind on debian-boot@ mail and hadn't realised it was a
> > problem until aj drew my attention to it.
>
> The last successfull build was on april 1, some 26 days ago or so.

Yeah, I know. That should be fixed with (a) me biting the bullet and
updating my build machine over the modular X hill and (b) the d-i and
debian-cd changes I committed over the last hour or two. I hadn't been
paying attention to CD build logs; I'll know to do so in the future.

(Until mkvmlinuz figures out how to deal with prep on >= 2.6.16, of
course, the powerpc CDs won't have prep support.)

> Do you think that you will have the time and ressource to do a good job of
> powerpc maintainership on d-i in the future ?

I should think so. My main problem of late has been an excess of broken
CD drives on machines I care about (explaining why I wasn't paying
attention to the CD builds), but I need to sort that out soon anyway.
Obviously without having all the subarchitectures myself I can't do it
entirely myself, and I welcome being pointed at bug reports I haven't
noticed especially from users of those subarchitectures; but assuming
continued kernel support I should be able to keep the existing set more
or less going.

That's not to say, of course, that fresh porting blood wouldn't be a
good thing.

Cheers,