Re: [Formac Watchandgo DTV] is it supported on debian?

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Stefano Melchior wrote:

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 08:18:48AM -0700, Daniel Gimpelevich wrote:
Dear all,
[quoted text muted]
using 'lspci' it displays that it has no information about the chipset :(
Very bad!

SteX

Try 'cardctl ident' instead.
the system displayed the following output to this command

monteverdi:/home/stex# cardctl ident
Socket 0:
 product info: "Formac ", "Rev 1.0", "DVB-T   ", "CardBus"
 manfid: 0x4403, 0x0100
 function: 254 ((null))
monteverdi:/home/stex# cardctl info
PRODID_1="Formac "
PRODID_2="Rev 1.0"
PRODID_3="DVB-T   "
PRODID_4="CardBus"
MANFID=4403,0100
FUNCID=254

I don't know if it is useful:
stex@monteverdi[~]$ sudo lspci -vv
[...]
0001:11:00.0 Non-VGA unclassified device: Unknown device 0344:d0b1 (rev01)
       Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
[...]

Anything else that may help?
I found the following guide:
http://digitalboy.mythtvtalk.com/files/LinuxTvTunerGuide.pdf
where I could find some Formac device (not mine) that uses bt848 driver to
work. The following link to the kernel bttv support states the same thing:
http://kernel26.sourcesdb.com/r.php?num=7152
Thank you in advance for your help.

I had a look through the drivers directory in the kernel sources, and
the only mention of Formac hardware support was for their older Promedia
and iTV hardware, which seemed to use the Brooktree chips (hence bttv
driver).  So unless someone who can write the drivers has access to one
of these cards (your new PCMCIA card) and has hacked away at it, or they
(Formac) are using a standard chip but putting their own PCI ID in there,
you might be out of luck - temporarily ...

Wish we could help more.

vinai