Re: [Formac Watchandgo DTV] is it supported on debian?

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 09:03:05AM -0500, vinai wrote:
Dear all,

> Probably a better would be "Is the card supported by the linux kernel ?"
correct, I submitted the question in the wrong way :(

> If you boot up the system with the card in the PCMCIA slot, and run the
> lspci command, you should see an entry saying what chip/hardware is in
> the Formac card.  And if you look through the kernel sources (and should
> most likely find support in $LINUX_KERNEL_SRC_DIR/drivers/media, or a
> directory with a similar name), and find support for this chip in there,
> it might work.  Of course, a lot of these drivers were written for x86
> or x86-64 support and may need "some modifications" to work properly on
> all platforms ...

unfortunately these products were designed of macosx only, so freebsd
(more or less).
I was wondering if any of you have experienced in finding driver compatibility for
the used h/w
Now it should sound better :)

Cheers

SteX