Re: Installing java plugin in Mozilla?

On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 03:16:35PM -0500, Terry Shannon wrote:

> Perhaps I can set up a link to /opt?  I'm new to linux/unix and find
> the documentation confusing.  I see that Wolfgang also has it
> installed in /usr/lib so maybe I just need to set up $PATH correctly
> and use the ln command Wolfgang provided.

1:
Build the deb package. Something along the line of:

 fakeroot make-jpkg --full-name "Your name" --email your@email --changes ibm-java2-sdk-50-linux-ppc.tgz

2:
run
update-alternatives --config java

choose
/usr/lib/j2sdk1.5-ibm/bin/java

3:
change your $PATH, please see my previous message in this thread

4:
build the links to your browser dirs. Also please check my precious
message to do that ...

5:
I hope I didn't forget anything ... :)

Sorry for being a bit non-verbose ... there's a movie on the telly
... :)

Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

Key ID: E3037113
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on