Installing java plugin in Mozilla?

Where is the plugin after installing java runtime, or does it only come
with the jdk?

I used the instructions from http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/debianjava.htm
to create a package to install IBM's jre for powerpc.  Installation went
fine and java -version works as expected.

However, when I try to follow the instructions in the documentation from
the package to setup a link from the mozilla plugins directory to the
java plugin I don't see the file name, libjavaplugin_oijc.so in the /opt
directory or any other directory, they specified?

The above web site did answer some questions on how to set up a package
from code you download.  Is this still a valid method?

Newbie,
Terry Shannon