Re: Request for help to identify some bugs (part two)

On Sun, 2005-10-23 at 11:10 +0200, Yannick Roehlly wrote:

> > Hrm... This is a slot loading CD ? I don't know what KDE is trying to do
> > there. Do you actually have a media in hte drive when that happen ?
>
> The problem occurs at the moment I insert a CD in the slot drive. In some
> rare cases, there's no problem and when it's a blank cd-rw it's ok. Maybe
> kded tries to access to the cdrom to fast?

Possibly. It looks like a mixed problem with kded and the kernel (the
kernel because the CD driver shouldn't spam your log with what looks
like a normal thing).

Do you have a bug report open somewhere on a bugzilla ? If not, please
open one on bugzilla.kernel.org with all the infos about the issue
(don't bother with UDMA stuff, that's a different issue, the real
problem is this error in your log triggered by kded) and add me to the
CC list of the bug. I'll try to followup.

Ben.