Re: Feedback on patch to PowerPC ports pmac page requested

On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 10:33:32AM -0700, Shyamal Prasad wrote:
> So perhaps the statement needs to be something like
>
> "For users of the powerpc flavour a 2.4 kernel is also provided to
> support Amiga Power-UP (apus) systems, and as a fall back for users
> with external kernel modules that are not available for the 2.6
> kernel, but strongly discouraged even in that case :)"

Yep.

> Or should we also document the miboot issue? (I don't know much about
> it, never used an old world Mac for Linux).

well, i need to build miboot floppies for sarge, and then we can link to them.
They are not in the archive because of the non-free boot sector, and thus they
don't work anyway. I will build them in a fixed way so that 2.6 work for them
also.

Friendly,

Sven Luther