Re: Power Mac 6100/66

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 03:55:24PM +0200, Ernest Demaret wrote:
> > Be warned though that it has never be tested and the patch set is a
> > bit old,
> > altough direct from the nubus project from back then.
> >

> Would it be possible to use the kernel I use for my 8100/110? I don't
> remember where it originally came from but I would be glad to provide a
> copy. I even have a kernel with a built-in installer which I used to
> get my 8100 running.

You know, that would probably be a violation of the kernel GPL you offering
the kernel without the sources and config file for it :)

Seriously, if we will add official debian support for the nubus machines, we
need to be able to build such a kernel from the debian package. Right now i
have a (rather old) patch to 2.4.27 from the nubus project, and a
configuration file which was suggested to me by someone from the nubus
project.

Please try it out, and if it fails, we can fix it or something, but some
random binary kernel from some random place is hardly going to be usefull in
the long run.

Friendly,

Sven Luther