Re: Booting on an Adaptec 2940 SCSI -- OldWorld

Hi,

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:22:08 +0200
Simon Vallet <debian-ppc_user@castalie.org> wrote:

> I'm currently trying to boot a beige G3 from a freshly flashed Adaptec
> 2940UW SCSI adapter. The linux side works fine when booting from
> another disk, but OF does seem to have some trouble, and just hangs
> forever -- several hours -- once a boot command has been issued.

After some checking, it seems the card works much better if the disk is
attached to the HD-68 pin connector on the card. The problem disappeared
once I moved the disk from the LD-50pin to the 68-pin connector, with
appropriate cabling. Everything works OK now.

Simon
--
Simon Vallet
eqdar@castalie.org