Re: Power management issue on G3 iBook

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> Ok, I'm at friends place today, hacking on some code and I've
> had two of these hangs in the last two hours :-(.
> The first time the external mouse was plugged in, the second time
> it wasn't. I tried the mouse both times to see if I could could
> unlock it. No luck.

OK, I've done some experimenting over the weekend.

If I stop pbuttonsd and run with it disabled I work on the machine
for hours without a hang. With pbuttonsd running, I get a hang about
once an hour of constant use.

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam@mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"The earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.
Children no longer mind parents ...and it is evident that the end of
the world is approaching fast." -- Assyrian Tablet Engraved in 2800 B.C.