Re: Power management issue on G3 iBook

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> No, I don't think it's an X issue. I think it's a problem with the
> interrupt controller not coming back but I'm not completely sure at the
> moment.

That actually aligns nicely with another symptom I'm seeing.

Very ocassionally when I'm using an external mouse on this iBook
I get a system freeze. The mouse locks in position, the keyboard
doesn't respond and the machine doesn't respond to pings from
other machines on the same network (wired, haven't tried wireless).

On the last of these ocassions I unplugged the mouse and plugged
it back in and the machine came back to life. I can't remember if
I tried this on previous freezes. I think I've had about 4 of these
freezes and they started happening at the same time as the failure
to wake from sleep problem.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam@mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to
lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores
the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate technology, led them
into it in the first place. - Douglas Adams in Guardian, 25-Aug-95