Re: bootable cds on oldworld [was Re: Backing an HFS partition]

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 03:02:53PM -0400, Rick Thomas wrote:
> If you want to make an OldWorld bootable CD, you need more than just
> miboot.  As has been discussed here recently, and in this list in the
> past, you also need the CD driver files.  By itself, miboot will work
> with floppies, because the floppy driver is in the Apple ROM.
> Unfortunately, but understandably, that's not true of the CD driver.

However, unlike the boot block blobs, the CD/HD drivers are relatively
well documented on Apple's developer web site. It would just take
someone sitting down with the docs and taking the time to write and
test them. That's something that a number of third party groups
supported at one point, whereas installing a system on a volume and
making it bootable was always hidden inside the Apple installer.

Before you ask, no I don't have time to do it myself. It's pretty
far down on my list. I might get to it in a couple years at my
current pace of progress.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com