Re: bootable cds on oldworld [was Re: Backing an HFS partition]

On Fri, 27 May 2005, Rainer Gutkas wrote:

I try to get miboot working on a G3 Powerbook Wallstreet for a while now.
So this Pb has got a 2 Gig harddisk and spending 100-200 MB's for a MacOs Bottloader seems like a big waste for me. Actually evry MB I can save is of great worth. But actually I didn't manage to get it right until now, so
if you can give me suggestions what I could do to get miboot up and running
(for a linux only booting system) it would be great!

I don't have any experience with miBoot - just with BootX, and a little
with yaboot.  I've been trying to get my 8500 "off mac os 9" (similar to
your case) without success.

I also heard/read somewhere a while back that there were licensing
issues with miBoot, which prevented it being included with Debian.  I
was just wondering what the source of those issues were, and if they
were any closer to being resolved ... ?

vinai