Re: bootable cds on oldworld [was Re: Backing an HFS partition]

Could you discuss 4) with me? And if it is off list it's ok too. I let's say hypotheticall that I got a laptop which I wan't a good operationg system to run on and for me that's linux. All I need is 4) the theoretical howto as practical as possible.