Re: Powerbook G3 Pismo - resolution change problem

On Mon, 16 May 2005 17:54:09 -0500 (CDT)
"vinai" <vroopcha@mcw.edu> wrote:
> I can't speak for OS 9 as it's been years since I used it on this PB,
> but even now, under OS X 10.3, when you select 640x480 or 800x600, you
> use all the pixels (i.e. the entire LCD area) - the 1024 x 768 pixels
> are interpolated, so the LCD shows just 640x480 or 800x600 worth of
> info.  But it does use the entire LCD area - there is no dark border
> of unused pixels.
>
> I don't know if the smoothing is done in the graphics hardware, driver
> or the OS itself though.  But lower, "full screen" resolutions are
> possible ...  They just don't look as nice...

Yes, thanks, now I remember, it was interpolated indeed, and worked with nice speed (games and such). So this means I'll just have to live with 1024x768 only, unless sb writes a driver that could do it? And another question - did you manage to run the tv output on your pismos? And does anyone of you use the default 6gb hdd? I find it quite slow - it runs on udma 4 mode, but is really slow. Tell me how long does it take you to launch firefox? I got 192 mb ram.

--
   [x]--Wojciech---owczi---Owczarek--WO111-RIPE--[_][+]
    |--------- mailto: owczi|at|owczi|dot|net -------|