Re: Powerbook G3 Pismo - resolution change problem

On Mon, 16 May 2005 14:51:38 +0200
Wojciech Owczarek <owczi@owczi.net> wrote:

> On Mon, May 16th 2005 14:38, Mannequin* wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > As far as know, the Pismo, like my G3 Powerbook Firewire running the same
> > card, has only one resolution; 1024x768. When you run MacOS, when you ask
> > it to go to a lower resolution, it just reduces your desktop space on the
> > screen. It never changes the resolution.
> >
> > HTH,
> > -M.
>

> First, isn't (PB G3 Firewire)==(PB G3 Pismo)?

Don't think so, but I could have gotten that wrong in my head.

> Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong,
> but before I removed mac os (9) from my laptop's hdd, there was some nifty
> little panel applet there that allowed me to change the resolution to a lower
> one, and it did in fact change it. Same thing with games on that mac. Or is
> it faulty eprom in my head?

With my machine here, I've never been able to change the resolution from
1024x768. Before I upgraded to 10.2, I ran 9.x. When I used the 'panel applet'
to change the resolution, it would always stay in 1024x768, but center the
800x600 or 640x480 and the 'unused' pixels would look like a black border.

-M.