Re: Problems starting X

Can't find X Server means that XWindows didn't start up probably. There's a lot of causes, wrong install, etc.... I also had problems starting X in the beginning when I installed sarge, this was on both, a G3 Powerbook Pismo and Wallstreet. The cause of the problem was that the configfile that sarge installes (/etc/X11/XF86config-4) was completley worthless. I dond't know your detailed Hardwarespecs (there's a lot of Powerbook G4's) but I'm quite positive that mine XF86Config-4 will not work, so I don't attach it. I would advise you to search on Google for Powerbook G4 XF86Config-4, because there's a lot of them around and try to get one that really fits to your Powerbook. You'll be best of searching the Google Linux page:

http://www.google.com/linux?

Hope this helps,

Rainer