Problems starting X

Hey everybody!

I just installed sarge on my PowerBookG4 and I am having issues starting
gdm.  I am new to the specifics of the configuration of X and I don't know
where to start.

During installation the PB complained about not being able to find an X
server, but I don't know what the means.

When gdm starts it tells me there is an error and asks if I would like to
see the output, it also says 'Caught signal 11'... any help?

Thanks as always, anything is appreciated!!

Charles Read