Re: pre-release 2.6.11-0.1 debian/powerpc kernel.

> >   I tried "showkey -s" on the console.  Pressing "fn" does not result
> >   in any output.
>
> It has never emitted any scan code on any Mac with an
> ADB keyboard. Its state is kept internally.
>
> What I'd like, but I don't have a new PowerBook, is to
> make fn modify the trackpad behaviour to a scrollwheel.
> There is a small MacOS X application that does
> this and it's quite nifty.

Tricky to do, if the fn key state is kept internally to the PMU/ADB
hardware. What does the OSX app do, precisely?

> > 	radeonfb (0000:00:10.0): Invalid ROM signature 303 should be0xaa55
>
> Some overeager PC-only hacker that believes that god intended
> all processors to be x86-compatible :-(. 0303 is Open Firmware
> signature, meaning that the ROM contains FCode AFAIR; 0xaa55 is
> for PC Bioses, implying binary x86 code.

It's been reporting that for ages - just means 'no BIOS' for us, unless
someone writes a Forth interpreter for X to use.

> > 	ohci1394: fw-host0: Unexpected PCI resource length of 1000!
>
> No idea either, but I'd bet that it is harmless.

I'm seeing that all the time (and weirder stuff) and it doesn't keep the
fw disk from working.

Let me add that USB and firewire sleep support has taken a turn for the
worse, though. With 2.6.9, unplugging and replugging a device would fix
sleep problems (except for mounted devices). Not so in 2.6.11. If BenH has
ideas to try out, I'm willing to work on that.

	Michael