Re: TiBook IV and Kernel 2.6.11
- To: Michael Flaig <email@example.com>
- Cc: Debian powerpc <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: TiBook IV and Kernel 2.6.11
- From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 14:21:06 +1100
- Message-id: <1110252066.13594.233.camel@gaston>
- In-reply-to: <1110193698.15719.7.camel@localhost>
- References: <1109853439.6435.7.camel@localhost> <1109891014.5611.240.camel@gaston> <1110193698.15719.7.camel@localhost>
On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 12:08 +0100, Michael Flaig wrote:
> Hi Ben, Hi List!
> Am Freitag, den 04.03.2005, 10:03 +1100 schrieb Benjamin Herrenschmidt:
> > On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 13:37 +0100, Michael Flaig wrote:
> > > Hi subscribers,
> > >
> > > my Machine is an TiBook IV mit the Radeon 9000 Mobility
> > > running debian sid.
> > >
> > > I´ve compiled 2.6.11 vanilla and had the problem that the system hang on
> > > booting at the beginning when drm is initialized. DRM support and radeon
> > > driver were compiled in.
> > Weird. I have the same model, and haven't seen the problem, I'll check
> > with DRM built-in too.
> have you been able to reproduce the problem?
Not yet, haven't had time to look.
> I have another one ...
> If I turn down the lcd brightnes to zero, the displays backlight doesn´t
> go off. I have an bright screen with strange colors white/violett/ which
> fills the screen form the inside to the out ...
> It doesn´t look very healthy for the display :(
I know this issue. I'll try to get that fixed but it will take some