TiBook IV and Kernel 2.6.11

Hi subscribers,

my Machine is an TiBook IV mit the Radeon 9000 Mobility
running debian sid.

I´ve compiled 2.6.11 vanilla and had the problem that the system hang on
booting at the beginning when drm is initialized. DRM support and radeon
driver were compiled in.

Now I´ve changed to compile drm and radon driver as module and it seems
to work much better no hangs when loading the modules.

Hope that helps somebody out there :-)

cya,

	mfl

btw. the Gnome Volume Applet is crashing when going to suspend.
I have pbbuttonsd     0.6.7-1	and Alsa 1.0.8-7
Not sure if it is a kernel problem or a pbbuttonsd problem or an alsa
problem, maybe someone has an hint for me?