Re: CVS orinoco.c 0.15rc1: Monitor mode broken for Agere 8.xx firmware

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 04:21:42PM -0800, Eric Gaumer wrote:
> Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> >
> >So all one probably could try is patching the current 0.13
> >orinoco.*/hermes.* sources with the patch from
> ><http://www.kismetwireless.net/download.shtml>
> >"Orinoco Driver Patches for 2.6.9 & 2.6.10 & 2.6.8.1-mdk"
> >

> I bypassed the firmware check and got it working with Agere 8.4. The problem
> is that after a bit of time in monitor mode the firmware crashes.
>
> The first patch I posted works like a charm even though it's considered old
> code. I used it for over a year and never had problems with it.

No being sure whether this patch is *that* old: The one you posted, or
at least the one I found in this thread from a few days ago, save the
white space, seems to be identical to the one from
http://www.kismetwireless.net/download.shtml, and on this page I read
it was posted there October last year.

So actually all one has to do, IINM, is to apply the patch from the
URL above and apply it to, e.g, 2.6.10 sources. And if you say this
patch worked you, then things seem to look much better than I first
understood for monitor mode for 2.6.10, and the 0.13 orinoco ...

All in all: Good news, as I hope ... :)

I'll test that as soon as I can ... :)

Nice weekend to everyone

Best Regards