Re: Getting rid of hotplug & Co. for 2.6
- To: Wolfgang Pfeiffer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: "email@example.com..." <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Getting rid of hotplug & Co. for 2.6
- From: Sven Luther <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:08:25 +0100
- Message-id: <20050216190825.GC20746@pegasos>
- In-reply-to: <20050216185845.GB4115@localhost>
- References: <20050216185845.GB4115@localhost>
On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 07:58:45PM +0100, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> Hotplug and its colleagues: I confess my lowest instincts get mobilised
> when thinking on this stuff: I slows down the whole boot process so
> much that sometimes I feel like being on a 2.2 kernel.
> So all I need to know: Can I run a 2.6 kernel without hal, udev and
> hotplug being installed, or with these packages being disabled at boot
> time at least?
> Please tell me it will work ... :)
Probably not, but you could modify the hotplug rules to blacklist all hardware
that you don't need or something.