Getting rid of hotplug & Co. for 2.6
- To: "email@example.com..." <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Getting rid of hotplug & Co. for 2.6
- From: Wolfgang Pfeiffer <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:58:45 +0100
- Message-id: <20050216185845.GB4115@localhost>
Hotplug and its colleagues: I confess my lowest instincts get mobilised
when thinking on this stuff: I slows down the whole boot process so
much that sometimes I feel like being on a 2.2 kernel.
So all I need to know: Can I run a 2.6 kernel without hal, udev and
hotplug being installed, or with these packages being disabled at boot
time at least?
Please tell me it will work ... :)
Thanks in anticipation