Re: PowerPC desktop -- asking for trouble?

On Jan 13 2005, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra wrote:
> Em Qui, 2005-01-13 às 22:00 +0100, Sven Luther escreveu:
> > Notice that the free java projects have asked for more bug reports,
> > mentionning that one of the things which is stopping them is that
> > nobody seems to use them and file bug reports for them to fix them :
> >
> >   http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2005/01/msg00081.html
> >
> > you are most assuredly competent enough to help them out on this.
>
> Point taken, guilty as charged.
>
> BTW, which one of the free ones would you recommend?

I have been using sablevm without problems for running Ppower4. I have also
used kaffe with good results.

They're both nice projects and they both share at least a part of their
codebase, since they're using GNU classpath as the implementation of the
Java API.

I already asked Dalibor (from kaffe's project) about assigning some tasks
to my students and he replied quite warmly to my message.

I hope to convince some students of mine to collaborate to the projects
and, as we all know, students are "more easily motivated" when their
efforts count towards their marks. :-)

Cheers, Rogério.

--
Learn to quote e-mails decently at: