Re: PowerPC desktop -- asking for trouble?

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 05:34:09PM -0200, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra wrote:
> Em Qui, 2005-01-13 às 19:46 +0100, Sven Luther escreveu:
> > On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 04:04:14PM -0200, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra wrote:
> > >
> > > 	You are right, but yet one can barely function nowadays without
> > > proprietary Flash and Java, and these aren't yet quite there for the
> > > PowerPC yet.  At least Java has some promise, but as far as Flash goes
> > > we look to be up the creek, with no SVG in view to help.
> >
> > So what ? We simply need to help these project forward ?
>
> 	Yes, if 'we' are C coders and have the time.  I've no coding skills and
> I've been chasing jobs and moving around since, say, mid-2001.  No, make
> it 1999...

Notice that the free java projects have asked for more bug reports,
mentionning that one of the things which is stopping them is that nobody seems
to use them and file bug reports for them to fix them :

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2005/01/msg00081.html

you are most assuredly competent enough to help them out on this.

And no, i also don't know why they posted on the KDE list about this.

Friendly,

Sven Luther