Re: G5 blade center under debian

> I just tried it on my POWER3 box. You dont happen to have
> CONFIG_POWER4_ONLY enabled do you? That option enables some minor
> optimisations that actually prevent booting on older boxes.

It boots on a 1.6GHz JS20 blade. Unfortunately I couldnt bring up a
network, we need the tg3 driver as a module for that.

As for the other pseries boxes...

POWER3 boxes mostly have pcnet32 network cards. Some old pseries had
3com networks, CONFIG_VORTEX should cover them. Others have the acenic
card.

For POWER4 boxes we want the e100 (already in I see) and for POWER5
boxes we want the e1000 (also in).

For virtual IO POWER5 boxes we want the virtual ethernet driver
(CONFIG_IBMVETH).

On the IO side we want the sym2 SCSI, the IPR scsi, the IBMVSCSI.

FYI arch/ppc64/configs/pSeries_defconfig is a good place to look for
what a pseries box might have.

I just booted it on a POWER5 (520). But its a partition with virtual
network and virtual scsi, so requires those modules before I can
complete that installation.

Anton