Re: G5 blade center under debian

Am Freitag, 7. Januar 2005 08:34 schrieb Sven Luther:
> On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 11:33:00AM +1100, Anton Blanchard wrote:
> > > Oh, if it is the js20, i think we had had some report of people trying
> > > to make it work some time back. I don't think d-i is already upto it,
> > > but the work Cajus is doing should help. There may be kernel issues,
> > > but maybe the latest bunch of 970Fx fixes will help, or maybe you need
> > > a ppc64 kernel.
> >
> > You definitely need a ppc64 kernel. Ive installed on similar machines
> > but I use my own kernel and copy a disk image on.
>
> Yep, that is what i remember.
>
> > Once d-i can do 64bit kernels it should just work.
>
> Cajus is working on that, i will too, but a bit later, as i am busy with
> other stuff right now.

There's a 64-bit tftp installer image based on kernel 2.6.10 here:

http://debian.gonicus.de/debian/dists/sarge/main/binary-powerpc/pseries.img

Since most installer packages are not "official" yet, you've to continue the
net installation by choosing the mirror manually to sound
"debian.gonicus.de". This mirror doesn't keep a complete mirror yet, so
you'll run into an error after partitioning. Choose an official mirror after
that, and it will continue.

I've no idea if it works with these blades...

Cheers,
Cajus