Re: AV PPC support Apple conference camera

Hi and thanks to all

planb sounds like the type of kernel level support I was hoping to find, unfortunately I also have another issue with 2.4 kernels. This 8600 is fitted with a 350EV processor and has only ever been reliable with the 2.2 kernel, has anyone got any pointers for specific kernel configs to make such a beast work?

As a work around I can put a g3 card in, but I am kinda attached to this configuration ( i like obscure stuff).

david

Nathanael Hasbrouck wrote:

On Thursday 06 January 2005 0712, somebody named Sean Jewett inscribed this message:
Derrik,
	Do you personally have planb working on your PM?  If so, what
disto / version and what kernel

Well, I'm not Derrik, but I'll try to help anyway. :^) AFAIR, you'll need to use a 2.4 kernel, unless someone's fixed the planb driver in 2.6. I tried to get it running on my 7600 a while ago, but never managed to get it to work quite right - I'm pretty sure some people have had it working, though.

/ xawtv/v4l version have you had the success with? I've spent better than a month trying to find some
iteration / combination to make it work.  At one point it looked like
xawtv 3.38 worked with a patched 2.4.18 kernel, unfortunately I've not
been able to duplicate that success (and the xawtv/v4l folks don't offer
3.38 as a tarball anymore).

I think I found .debs for xawtv somewhere when I was trying to make it work, but that was a while ago and I don't know what version it was. Have you checked apt-get.org yet?

<snip>
It's fustrating since I have 4 7500's at my disposal.  It's the perfect
platform for a cheap webcam server, especially since most people don't
want to use them anymore.  And while this is all going on, I had a
co-worker tell me he's got two AV capable G3's and 2 AV capable 7600's
that are mine.  Make that 8 macs with capture ability that I'd like to
get online as webcam servers.  :(

Gee...some people have all the fun. :)

NRH