Re: AV PPC support Apple conference camera

On Thursday 06 January 2005 0712, somebody named Sean Jewett inscribed this
message:
> Derrik,
> 	Do you personally have planb working on your PM?  If so, what
> disto / version and what kernel

Well, I'm not Derrik, but I'll try to help anyway. :^)  AFAIR, you'll need
to use a 2.4 kernel, unless someone's fixed the planb driver in 2.6.  I
tried to get it running on my 7600 a while ago, but never managed to get
it to work quite right - I'm pretty sure some people have had it working,
though.

> / xawtv/v4l version have you had the
> success with?  I've spent better than a month trying to find some
> iteration / combination to make it work.  At one point it looked like
> xawtv 3.38 worked with a patched 2.4.18 kernel, unfortunately I've not
> been able to duplicate that success (and the xawtv/v4l folks don't offer
> 3.38 as a tarball anymore).

I think I found .debs for xawtv somewhere when I was trying to make it
work, but that was a while ago and I don't know what version it was.  Have
you checked apt-get.org yet?

<snip>
> It's fustrating since I have 4 7500's at my disposal.  It's the perfect
> platform for a cheap webcam server, especially since most people don't
> want to use them anymore.  And while this is all going on, I had a
> co-worker tell me he's got two AV capable G3's and 2 AV capable 7600's
> that are mine.  Make that 8 macs with capture ability that I'd like to
> get online as webcam servers.  :(

Gee...some people have all the fun. :)

NRH
--
When there's no plan, there's one less thing to go wrong.  - Joe Redington
Sr.